Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 10 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between students, teachers and parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll concentrate on designing and implementing the core testing frameworks on which our development teams will build their test suites. These frameworks will separately support our web, mobile, API and operational teams. And beyond the core frameworks, we’ll look to you to articulate the patterns and best practices that our teams utilize when structuring their tests and the test’s articulation of the application interface they’re driving.
Additionally, we’ll look to you to design and implement our test execution and reporting pipeline with the goal of facilitating access to our development teams and visibility of results to the engineering org at large.
More about you:
- You have a track record of developing and/or automating high performance, highly scalable web applications as a software engineer, technical lead or SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test). Our products are used by over 9 million educators, students and parents worldwide.
- You must have experience with server-side and client-side unit testing frameworks like PHPUnit, JUnit, Jasmine and/or Karma and their relevant scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python).
- You have experience working with web services (e.g. REST, SOAP).
- You have a solid understanding of mobile performance issues and testing.
- You have experience mentoring or training other software engineers. You’ll be asked to do things like document and teach other software engineers how to utilize an automation framework, and peer review their code.
- Experience with Git, Gitflow, Peer Review and branching strategies.
- Understanding of Agile principles and practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with BDD concepts (Cucumber, Gherkin)
- Experience with automation/programming languages & frameworks: (Selenium WebDriver).
Schoology is the education technology company transforming the learning process by engaging educators, students and advisors with a more personalized, collaborative experience. More than nine million people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.