SocialCode builds marketing technology and solutions that make the world’s most valuable brands successful using social platforms. Over 30 Fortune 100 firms and over 100 leaders in every major category, including their agencies, rely on SocialCode to lead their social advertising, improve messaging and media strategy, and become better marketers. SocialCode is a pioneer in predictive analytics, and has been awarded the elite distinction of being both a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer (sPMD) and Twitter Ads API partner, while also developing solutions for Instagram and Pinterest. We capitalize on advertising experts, advanced technologies and machine-learning that activate brands and turn people into customers and advocates.
The backend engineering team at SocialCode is responsible for collecting information from a wide variety of sources, transforming that information into data, and making that data available for analysis, real-time optimization, and responsive frontend rendering. As a member of the team you’ll be implementing our core products, and the infrastructure our products are built upon.
- Architect and build scalable, responsive web services in Python.
- Be part of a cross-functional team including product management, research and frontend engineers to own and build one of our products.
- Join our backend engineering team, always iterating on performance, stability and usability of our platform, APIs and tools.
- Create leverage across the technology team by building shared infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience developing with Python or other dynamic programming languages.
- Experience with Django, Tastypie, Git, MySQL and AWS is desirable.
- Be able to speak your mind and make a case for your solution to a problem.
When you apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and any available links to code samples.
The process for you
Interviewing at SocialCode is a chance for you to learn about us and for us to learn about you. Below is a description of some ways to prepare and learn about SocialCode.
- Learn about SocialCode.
- Learn about our tools: Django, Tastypie, MySQL, and AWS
- Learn about the top social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
You are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you. Since you’ll prepare for your interview, maybe we can too. So please feel free to send us questions that you might have in advance so that we may prepare.
Keep in mind that we don’t hire people based on code puzzles and parlor tricks. We do this to get a better understanding of your thought process and how you attack unfamiliar problems.