We are looking for self-starters, passionate about Meetup, who are interested in growing the Meetup network at international level. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the International team at a very early stage and play a key role in developing Meetup in exciting new markets.
The Social Marketing Intern is expected to:
- Manage Italian communication channels and actively participate in local social media networks
- Create content that resonates with a social audience
- Translate, edit, localize and test products in Italian
- Ensure that all Italian communication is consistent with brand voice and company strategy
- Establish meaningful relationships with local Meetup organizers, bloggers and influential community leaders
- Track the success of all actions, analyze and give recommendations to improve KPIs
- Share experience and knowledge with all members of the international team
This position might be for you if you:
- Are a native Italian speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Have a passion for social platforms and user-generated content
- Have a strong presence on Twitter, Facebook and other social sites
- Are a multi-tasker with communications and PR experience
- Are a creative self-starter, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are ready to take action
- Are excited about the mission of Meetup to revitalize local communities around the world
- Are tech savvy, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, hands-on and flexible
- Have experience living in Italy (strongly preferred)
*You will be expected to commit to a 3 month internship, working 20 hours a week out of Meetup’s headquarters in New York City. This is not a remote position, nor are we able to consider applicants who do not currently reside or are not eligible to work in the United States. Interns will be paid $15/hour.*
If the above describes you and your talents, we want to hear from you! Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.