Smartling is hiring a seasoned Product Marketing Manager. As a product marketer, you will be a leader on the team responsible for telling the market (and company) the story of our product. You will be expected to be primary advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits. Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for new launches.
The ideal candidate will have Product Marketing, Product Management, and Technical marketing experience at both start-ups and established companies. In this role, you will make data-driven decisions to move the team and product forward and hit company goals, develop the strategy for messaging, promotion and selling of our products. You will also train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products.
Additionally, you will serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking. If you want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, considering joining Smartling today.
Tasks at hand
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Create content (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Quora, and other forums) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- You will be expected to build product pages, and work with the Growth Team to optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and use smart calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific CTAs.
- Results Focus. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- Strong analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic thinker. Translates high level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling.Inc is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.
Smartling’s mission is to make the world’s content multilingual. By putting the entiretranslation workflow in the cloud, Smartling enables businesses to reach global markets more quickly, more accurately, and more cost-effectively than ever before.Through its Software as a Service solution, Smartling removes barriers for companies going global by streamlining the process of delivering multilingual content to customers anywhere in the world. Smartling is a translation technology company. For customers who need help identifying a translation service provider, we also have a network of trusted translation partners who deliver high-quality, professional, human translation.Smartling practices continuous deployment, rolling out improvements and new features multiple times per day. In fact, the entire company is organized around continuous improvement, so that customers get what they need as quickly as possible. Agile is in our DNA.Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York City, Smartling is privately held and backed by First Round Capital, Harmony Partners, ICONIQ Capital, IDG Ventures, Tenaya Capital, U.S. Venture Partners, and Venrock.