Skubana is seeking to round out its rapidly growing development team with a Java Spring guru. The ideal candidate should possess in-depth knowledge of the full development stack, SOAP, REST web services, as well as experience in creating Ajax-driven Web apps using jQuery/jQuery UI. This person will be working closely with the CIO in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to lead initiatives and be responsible for Skubana’s growth. The successful candidate will also gain exposure to Agile Scrum development and get to join one of the highest growth potential enterprise-grade solutions in the e-commerce space today!
- Self-starter, driven, dedicated and passionate about your craft.
- At least 5 years of Java Web development in a professional environment.
- Expert knowledge of Java EE, JSP, JSTL and the Spring framework (MVC, JDBCTemplate, WS, RESTTemplate).
- API integration experience using SOAP and REST Web services.
- In-depth knowledge of design patters, MySQL, PL/SQL, XML, JSON, Ajax.
- Thorough understanding of the latest Web 2.0 design trends and paradigms.
- Experience in the e-commerce space.
- Knowledge of shipping APIs (UPS, FedEX, DHL, etc).
- Experience with Cloud computing and deployment (Amazon EC2 & Rackspace).
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum (iterative-based) development.
- Competitive salary + company equity
- Beautiful, modern office space in soho New York
- Latest and greatest gadgets to develop with
- Top-notch health benefits
- Organic coffee
- Free beer on tap
- Weekly happy hours and food tasting
- Bonus: Bring your pet to work any day
- Extra bonus: We don’t count vacation days or sick days. Take them on as-needed basis because we value performance over face time.
The e-commerce space today is fragmented with dozens of platforms that don’t “communicate” with one another, making it extremely difficult and time-consuming for sellers to manage their business. Skubana is solving this problem by building a cloud-based, all-in-one platform that will bring the disparate market into a single, easy-to-use, plug-and-play solution. Skubana is for e-commerce sellers of all sizes, from mom-and-pop shops to multimillion revenue retail companies. It integrates all the data between multiple sales channels (i.e. Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Magento), inventory management, shipping logistics, accounting, and consumer analytics into one seamless system that’s intelligent, intuitive, and affordable. Skubana has so far raised angel funding from notable entrepreneurs/VCs such as Brian Lee (LegalZoom, ShoeDazzle, and The Honest Co.) and James Thomas, e-commerce thought leader and a key player in Amazon’s success.