Are you passionate about solving highly complex technical challenges? Does the idea of developing methods and models to revolutionize the way the world views TV excite you? If so, Simulmedia may be looking for you.
Simulmedia is looking for a Science Analyst to join our Science team. Based in the beautiful NoHo area of New York City, we’re a technology startup founded by serial entrepreneur Dave Morgan and funded by investors like Union Square Ventures and Avalon Ventures.
Participate in Simulmedia Science team’s discovery, validation and method development efforts through deep data analysis and predictive model development using Simulmedia’s data assts. As part of the Science team, this role will work closely with Product, Engineering and Technical Operations teams and be focused on managing the Science Team’s methods development and validation projects and coordinating the Science team’s needed resources and documentation.
· Participate in the discovery and validation of methods, algorithms and models to support Simulmedia’s products.
· Work with Product Management to determine the projects needed to support new product features and functions in Simulmedia’s Product Roadmap.
· Work with Engineering and Technical Operations teams to ensure the needed data and technical resources are available to support Science team’s projects.
· Manage Science team’s project timelines.
· Ensure Science team’s tasks and documentation is up to date.
· Participate in agile project planning, release planning and Engineering team handoff efforts.
· Support and contribute to Simulmedia’s Intellectual Property portfolio.
· Participate in identifying and evaluating new sources of data to improve and enrich Simulmedia’s products.
· BS or MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field.
· 3+ years of experience with project management, systems analysis.
· Experience with database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL, Python), Excel, statistical concepts, analytic methods such as regression, optimization, machine learning, data mining, etc.
· Expertise in scientific/analytical approaches to problem solving, experimentation and investigation.
· Collaborative work style and the ability to work well in small teams and across teams.
Simulmedia is an Ad Tech company focused on TV. We operate an audience-driven ad network and a proprietary technology platform. Simulmedia sells TV advertising campaigns that are targeted, measurable, and cost efficient using ad inventory reaching 115 million households and the world’s largest database of TV viewership. Our core belief is: The future of video advertising will be audience-centric, and it will grow within TV’s walled-garden for the foreseeable future. Our mission is: “Simulmedia exists to make advertising better for advertisers, media owners and consumers in a world where media is increasingly fragmented.”