Can you bring what it takes to create awesome experiences for the web? We have an opportunity that will challenge you, push your engineering boundaries, and grow your skills to their highest levels. If you are a Developer with an expert understanding of Web, PHP, APIs and you have framework experience, please read on!
We have paying B2C and B2B customers, and are ready to rapidly scale and dominate some enticing whitespace in the health tech market. We’re looking for a clever, sure-I-can-do-anything-and-everything Developer to join our small but high-producing team. Is it you?
SimpleTherapy’s goal is to provide the pain-reducing benefits of therapeutic exercise to those who need it, whenever and wherever they need it, at an almost-too-good-to-be-true fraction of the cost of traditional physical therapy. How? Through video-led, individualized recovery progressions matched to the musculoskeletal injuries of each end user.
We’re operational with a HIPAA-compliant platform, fully functioning algorithms and a state of the art platform. The product is evolving to address additional B2B and B2C customer needs. Longer term, well, big things in store… custom frameworks, implementing new languages, user analytics platform, performance engineering, state of the art web security implementations, user engagement techniques and much more…
As a Developer you will be part of our Development team and help write code that allows one of New York’s fastest growing digital health company to ship out new features and make a difference in the health care industry.
We are currently looking for a Developer to manage the development and deployment of the platform, and assist the CTO in operational functions. The successful candidate should have demonstrable experience understanding complex, high-traffic video based web applications.
As Developer you will work directly with the CTO to develop the firm’s principal web platform:
- Write maintainable, reliable, scalable and testable code
- Collaborate with other team members and participate in cross-functional groups
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
- Support and improve the existing web services platform
- Both extend existing web services and build entirely new ones to support our own products and the needs of our clients using a combination of web technologies (MySQL, Apache, Memcache, Redis) and languages (PHP, Java) to help build large scale applications.
- Integrate additional web services and platform modifications
- Assist in establishing the information security plan to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers
- Participate in development of new technologies that will shape the firm’s principal platform
- Learn to speak for the system in discussions involving application development
- Learn and implement test driven development
- Make a difference – improve people lives while disrupting the health care industry
- BS/BA/MS Degree and 2+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Thorough understanding of web development in any of the following languages: PHP, Perl, Java
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
- Experience using debuggers, profilers and other development tools
- Acceptable fields of study
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Electrical / Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to envision cloud & web-based services that meet consumer needs and solve business problems
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience managing web application development and teams
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework – Laravel preferred.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology – Scrum Preferred
- Knowledge of Internet protocols, database management systems, and version control systems
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization
- Familiarity with web application security concepts and best practices is a must.
- A minimum of 2 years of open source Web application programming experience in a LAMP environment
- Expert in working with interactive requirements providing external data through multiple means (XML, JSON, Web services)
- Strong relational database design experience utilizing MySQL including database modeling and architecture skills
- Experience with securing Web applications, working with Web application firewalls, authentication systems, and SSL certificates.
- Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates.
- Flexibility to work within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and skills.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills and can get a complex problem statement or design across to both a highly technical audience and to a customer with more limited technical background.
- Has a detail-oriented, thorough approach to work product and meets deadlines for delivery.
It would a plus if you also have some of the following skills:
- Experience with Bootstrap JS, Knockout JS, LESS
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2/CloudFront/S3/CDN experience
- Experience with mobile application development
- Interest in learning additional programming languages
- Web server Net Ops and administration experience
- Competitive salary
- Cash or Equity Compensation
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage
- Casual dress
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment.
About SimpleTherapy Inc.
SimpleTherapy is the world's first completely online alternative to physical therapy. It delivers personalized exercise therapy through an online video-based program. Guided by user input/feedback at each login, a proprietary algorithm generates customized sessions from a robust video library. The program is adaptive as each user progresses toward pain recovery.Users love SimpleTherapy for its convenience (no appointments, travel, time off work) and typically report pain reduction after just two sessions.