What We Do:
Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
Work Market revolutionizes how businesses leverage a freelance workforce to sell, compete, innovate and service customers in a modern world. Our on-demand workforce solution enables companies to engage freelancers compliantly at scale to solve their toughest business challenges.
The Software Engineering team is responsible for writing serious code for our platform. We are a fun group of people who collaborate on a daily basis in a continuous deployment environment.
Who you are:
- Passionate about software engineering and what we are doing to shape the future of work
- Open to learning new things from your colleagues in a fast-paced work environment
What you will do:
- Architecting, developing, and delivering production code for the Work Market platform
- A history of building interesting and well-constructed web applications
- Some experience with modern web development technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field
- You are fun and interesting and want to work at a great startup
- Along with your resume, please include an example of code you’ve written that you’re proud of.
Work Market was founded in 2010 with a simple, yet ambitious vision: power the future of work. Since then, we've been on quite the run. We've raised $35 in growth capital, are backed by the world's top venture capitalists and were recently recognized as one of New York City's fastest-growing companies.