CraftJack is changing the way homeowners and home service providers connect and communicate. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user.
Like any great company, our success is built around a great team. We’re seeking an experienced, energetic Senior User Experience (UX) Designer – someone who understands that a great user experience leads to better brand recognition and repeat customers, and whose passion for creating user-centered products comes through in everything they design. This is your chance to impact how our homeowners and service providers interact every single day.
Our Senior UX Designer will:
– Collaborate with business partners, graphic designers and developers to formulate, establish, and annotate the navigation, functionality, organizational structure and page-to-page flows of our user experience, and communicate designs through fully documented wireframes and prototypes
– Conduct user research, including concept testing and usability testing, conduct stakeholder interviews, and lead competitive analysis discussions
– Stay abreast of advances in user interface (both technical and experiential) and look for ways to appropriately integrate these advances into CraftJack products
– Express user experience best practices across the company, and mentor colleagues and staff on best-in-class usability concepts
– Prioritize and manage work to meet critical project timelines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
– Serve as the primary point of contact responsible for driving major UX projects from conception to implementation, and deliver projects on time and within budget, exceeding expectations at every possible opportunity
CraftJack is not your average startup – we’re an operating brand of HomeAdvisor, the leading online marketplace helping homeowners and home service professionals connect. We’re still a fast-growing company, and this is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage.
Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code, no watered down coffee (we have a Keurig), and no stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://pinterest.com/craftjackjobs
Experience and Skills:
We’re looking for someone with:
– 5+ years of experience in user experience design with expertise in interaction design, information architecture, usability engineering, or all three; consulting or agency background a plus
– Demonstrable hands-on experience creating site maps, process flows and wireframes for high traffic consumer sites – we’ll want to see your portfolio
– Ability to communicate effectively in visual, written and interactive form to Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Designers, Developers, QA Engineers and Project Managers
– Desire to deal with business issues, thinking beyond design, and the ability to articulate strategic issues while balancing these with user needs and technological constraints
– Experience working in small collaborative teams including working constructively with development teams
– A positive and enthusiastic personality, a great attitude and the ability to handle change
You know you want to check us out. Send us your resume, and we’ll go from there.
At CraftJack, our vision is to provide unparalleled customer service and outstanding products that help home improvement professionals navigate through the ever-changing digital marketplace, with the ultimate goal of connecting these professionals easily and cost-effectively to homeowners in need of their services.