The Senior Software Engineer, as an individual contributor in our collaborative team, is responsible for the development, integration, testing and deployment of product features. The position reports to the Integration Manager.
The ideal candidate has development, leadership and management experience building system integrations from the ground up, and is a strong verbal and interpersonal communicator with all levels and groups within an organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the development, integration, testing and deployment of product features
- Development of Integrations between one or more of our products and a third party product
- Develop high quality design of individual software components
- Apply creativity to new product concepts and development, deliver product prototypes
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components
- Participate in collaboratively building our integration product, which involves product specification, system design, development and system integration
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other STEM fields
- Subscribe to the values of agile software development. A firm grasp of the Software Development Life Cycle: Iterative development, high-quality maintainable code, unit tests
- Design and development experience building system integrations from the ground up
- Detailed knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Proven ability to develop with varying tool chains (J2EE, .NET, Ruby, …)
- Proven ability to develop products that interface with remote APIs (REST, SOAP….)
- Proven ability to technically lead projects involving multiple participants where he/she assumed responsibility for a whole product/project, which is delivered on time and according to specs
- Proven ability to move forward with limited guidance
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to interact with other groups in the organization
- Previous experience developing IDE plugins (Eclipse, or Visual Studio, or other development tool plugins is highly desirable)
- Working knowledge of products in the software development life cycle (IDEs, CIs, build tools, SCMs, Dashboards, Quality systems) is a plus
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.