Are you a Senior Software Engineer with a strong backend development background and looking to dive into one of the top startups in New York City? so, this might be the role for you.
Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace.
Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
Who You Are:
- Desire to always be learning, growing and passionate about evolving our architecture
- Goal oriented while always keeping the customer in mind
- Realize the value of a collaborative and team oriented work environment
- Define success as being committed about what you do, while having fun
- Believe in building simple, well-tested systems that allow us to iterate quickly
What You Will Do:
- Serving as a core member of an Agile team that designs and develops the core software framework of the Work Market platform
- Work with other teams to achieve scalable, robust applications best suited to the company’s existing infrastructure
- Writing core business code that is clean, clear, concise, simple, intent-revealing, and testable Refactoring, re-architecting and optimizing workflows for maximum performance
- Mentoring Engineers – the candidate may have management responsibilities over 2-3 Engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java
- Strong experience with Tomcat, JBoss, or another Java application server
- Strong experience with Spring, Guice or Play
- Experience with JUnit, Cucumber, Capybara, Jasmine
- Solid experience with Hibernate, JPA, or another ORM library
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or another SQL RDBMS
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS or another cloud service
- Experience with software engineering concepts such as caching, refactoring, design patterns, DDD, TDD etc.
Work Market was founded in 2010 with a simple, yet ambitious vision: power the future of work. Since then, we've been on quite the run. We've raised $35 in growth capital, are backed by the world's top venture capitalists and were recently recognized as one of New York City's fastest-growing companies.