At EventMobi we develop technology to help events & conferences create and deliver the ultimate event experience through mobile apps, web and desktop based products. We are growing our talented team, and are looking for a Senior Web Software Engineer / Senior Software Developer to help make an impact!
We develop using micro-services exposed through a (Python) RESTful API to feed our Node & AngularJS applications – from our mobile apps, to the app-building services, real-time chat / gamification / mapping services and tons more.
In the past year we’ve more than tripled our growth & our software now services 7000+ events and millions of users worldwide. We’re expecting that growth to continue again (while still being bootstrapped with no funding) and if you are interested in helping us scale, and meet the next set of challenges, let’s chat! Hopefully you also have some familiarity with our tech stack – Python, AngularJS, NodeJS, Express, MySQL, Redis, AWS as our main tools day to day.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Ownership – You own the products / features you ship. From initial design, to deployment, test automation to performance monitoring, you own what you make end-to-end
- Development – Best practices, craftsmanship, well thought out code is your ideal and you preach this in your work and with your team.
- Architecture & Scale – We develop products with cutting edge technology to service unpredictable traffic behaviour (traffic spikes of 10,000+ concurrent connections at any given time to stream real-time data)
- Quality – Pair programming, lunch & learns, mentorship, you will teach and help grow the team around you in not only pushing new features but also keeping the utmost quality in everything we build.
- Research – You will help guide the tech stack across our multitude of products, how they fit in to our architecture, and their growth & maintenance plans amongst our growing product set.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience as a software engineering working on large or fast scaling products
- Comfortable and experienced with Python or other server side languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Can make your way around playing in UNIX environments
- Want to get involved in all parts of the tech stack and have a commitment to code quality
- Excellent communication and creative approach to complex problems
- An understanding of data-structures, modular design, and maintenance / scalability patterns
- You must be a self-starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas and execute.
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
- Competitive salary back with a great benefits package
- All expenses paid company & team retreats in exotic locations (Previously Iceland, Costa Rica)
- A small, extremely smart & open-minded team that is passionate about cutting edge mobile and web technologies
- A completely transparent, open, and collaborative environment
- Large training budget to attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
- Free breakfast every morning, subsidized lunch program 3x a week.
- Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!
EventMobi makes it easy for planners to create custom registration and event apps for meetings, conferences and events. Fully integrated in the event app, attendees can send messages to each other, create their own schedules, vote on live polls, download presentation slides & more!