Your daily role will involve, as part of the sales team, interacting with prospects and customers to position, demonstrate and be the technical sales lead for all Univa products. As a Sales Engineer you are the critical customer contact for customer requirements and feedback into the Development and Product organizations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with Distributed Batch systems such as Grid Engine or LSF
- Experience selling enterprise software products to Global 2500 companies
- Strong analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Strong team player who is willing to learn and understand the needs of the business and how you and your skills will help achieve company objectives
- Experience with Red Hat Linux derivatives and Microsoft Windows
- Experience using common customer service tools such as Salesforce, bug reporting and tracking systems
- Ability to ramp up quickly and great teaming skills
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE THAT WOULD BE A BIG PLUS:
- Multiple UNIX operating system experience including Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Fedora, and others) and Solaris. AIX, HP-UX and other UNIX vendors
- System Administration experience with Linux or Unix variants and Windows
- Virtualization software such as VMWare, Xen and KVM
- Experience with other Distributed frameworks such as, Symphony, Data Synapse
- Experience with traditional enterprise schedulers such as, Tidal and Control M
- Experience with Big Data, Apache stack, Berkeley stack, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark and Apache Mesos
Univa is a fast-growing, geographically distributed company with offices in Chicago, Germany, and Toronto. As such, your excellent communication skills and teaming abilities will be critical to your success. This position would ideally be located in Toronto, New York or Boston but other eastern North American cities would also be considered.
If you’re looking for a place where you will be surrounded with experienced, forward-looking technologists and a proven leadership team, your search is over. Send us a resume and let’s start talking!
Univa is one of the fastest growing software technology companies based in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA, with offices in Markham, ON, Canada, and Munich and Regensburg, Germany. We have recently been awarded in 2013 by HPCWire for "Top 5 Vendors to Watch." The company has cultivated a fast-paced and challenging atmosphere that is truly rewarding.Our software is the backbone of innovations that touch the daily lives of everyone such as engineering design simulations for smart phones, predictions for the earth's climate, aerodynamic simulations for Formula 1 race cars, visual effects for movies and new breakthroughs in drug discoveries.