ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position is based at our IAC corporate office on the water in Chelsea, NYC.
A Senior PHP Software Engineer is responsible for developing all of the services that power our products, including APIs (private and public), databases, and websites (customer-facing and internal). As a team member in our highly entrepreneurial environment you will be tasked with quickly iterating ideas into prototypes and then full-scale, production quality systems running in our LEMP stack.
If scalability, speed, reliability, architecture and design are interesting to you, we want you. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an agile environment
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code and correctly employ and enforce design patterns.
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Help us grow our platform with clever, long-lasting solutions that serve to grow our business.
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree with 5+ years of experience
- Guru-level knowledge of PHP
- Substantial experience working with RESTful web services and ORM concepts (Laravel/Eloquent experience a plus)
- Solid RDBMS understanding (MySQL strongly preferred)
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
Mindspark is home to some of the most unique and engaging digital applications on the Web. We listen to consumers and our business partners to develop and market highly-targeted digital experiences for consumer audiences across a wide range of interests. Mindspark is the kind of company where creativity, technology savvy and innovative thinking thrive. Our passion for innovation and creativity comes from the smart, amazingly intelligent people we hire.