Description: This position will be responsible for providing the following DBA support services to application and infrastructure teams. Installing and/or insuring DBMS software is installed and correctly configured on the Database Servers. Configure security to meet IBC Standards. Modify database structures in support of development efforts. Set up DBMS monitoring software. Promoting and configuring SQL Server SSIS packages and jobs. Promote SSRS reports and data connections. Ensuring Backups are configured to match database requirements. Set up Database Mirroring, Clusters or Data Guard. Provide Performance optimization review and recommendations. Perform Error and problem resolution.
Requirements: Experienced Senior Oracle DBA with SQL Server experience:
Primary skill: 5 years installing, configuring and supporting Oracle 11G/12C
Secondary Skill: 1 year installing, configuring and supporting SQL SERVER 2012 as a DBA.
Proven Experience with:
– The Installation and configuration of Oracle in a Unix/AIX environment.
– Performing Database upgrades and applying patches.
– Creating Databases and DB Structures.
– DDL modification and object creation (Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures etc..).
– Experience with backups and restores as well as table exports and imports.
– Database Optimization and Monitoring as well as trouble shooting performance issues with SQL Statements and recommending resolutions involving both Database and Code changes.
– Experience configuring SQL Server and/or Oracle clients on application servers.
– Installation and configuration of SQL Server.
– Experience supporting SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services.
– Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Summary of your startup DIVERSANT is the largest African American owned IT staffing firms providing IT talent to Fortune 500, mid-market and startup companies.