The Senior HR Business Partner – Marketing, Engineering, Sales, & Training – will provide progressive Human Resources support to these functions. This role provides thought leadership in guiding, developing and implementing strategic and tactical HR initiatives focused on achieving business objectives.
The selected candidate must be a strategic thought leader, have a track record of building partnerships with all levels of leaders and employees and have a history of implementing successful programs across heavily matrixed organizations. Thought leadership, organizational agility, business acumen, relationship building, solid execution and particularly customer focus are the keys to being successful in this position.
- Develop a high performance culture via performance management and feedback processes; improve Manager capability on employing these processes and obtaining Best-in-class results
- Ensure appropriate career development programs and initiatives are aligned with critical skill development and succession planning for designated teams
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues and other development feedback
- Talent expert; ensure that the business is continuing to raise the bar and not only growing talent from within, but also importing great external talent
- Work closely with functional HR teams (Talent Acquisition, Comp and Benefits, Learning and Development, and HR Operations) to ensure the programs that are being created to support your business’s needs as well as be a change advocate to help drive these initiatives into your businesses
- Be a business partner; engage in every aspect of the organizations and offer insights and points of view beyond just HR
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of Human Resource generalist or related experience
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a global, fast-paced, high growth environment. Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited to no support staff
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation, and flexibility in dealing with change and ambiguous situations
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion
- Excellent leadership skills including superb communication, delivery of results, consultative skills, partnership skills and team building
- Able to work in a highly matrixed environment and take initiative without a lot of direction
- Strong willingness to better understand the business and market dynamics, trends, challenges, and opportunities and be forward thinking on how to support the business from longer term org and talent solution perspectives
- Strong learning capability, open-minded, willing to learn and try new things, able to design and deliver a solution/initiative that never existed before
- Diverse Culture awareness and curiosity
- This position reports directly to the CHRO in Norwalk, Connecticut
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.
Datto® is the leading provider of comprehensive data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions with over five million customers and 8,000 partners worldwide. With its Total Data Protection Platform business data is protected everywhere it resides, whether on premise, in virtualized environments, in the cloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications including Salesforce, Google Apps, and more. Datto stores over 100 petabytes of cloud data worldwide for businesses ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Datto’s core technologies such as instant virtualization, Screenshot Backup Verification™, Inverse Chain Technology™, Backup Insights™, and end-to-end encryption are the cornerstones of its innovative solutions. Industry firsts also include 24/7/365 in-house tech support, white glove customer success support, and time-based cloud retention, that empowers its partners with predictable cloud billing. The Datto product line consists of the Datto SIRIS Family, Datto ALTO Family, Datto NAS and Datto Backupify.