VISANOW is transforming the way that companies hire and retain international employees. Our online technology allows HR professionals to hire talent from around the world in a streamlined and innovative manner. Recently rated as one of Chicago’s Top Digital Companies, we provide a relaxed working environment that focuses on hiring smart, driven individuals who strive to be difference makers.
The Senior Designer reports to the Art Director and is charged with determining the best ways to visually represent our identity in marketing and in our product. This is a hands-on role that involves concept development, as well as strategizing and execution of design needs. You will work with internal and external clients to understand business objectives and aid in the development of visual design concepts to meet those objectives.
- Aid and design along side the Art Director, the entire line of online and offline product and marketing programs/initiatives
- Use strong layout and design sensibilities to design according to evolving brand guidelines
- Develop marketing assets such as landing pages, email templates, imagery and other design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance brand strategy
- Juggle multiple projects and work quickly, while staying crazy organized and on schedule
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of good usability practices and interest in keeping up to date on new trends in design and UX
- Design projects and apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Bachelors degree in Fine Arts, or related field, or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with large-scale web sites, digital marketing and advertising concepts
- Ability to work well under the direction of an Art Director, as well as in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes and industry best practices
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects and video editing is a plus
- Familiarity with HTML, DHTML CSS, Actionscript and Drupal is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to take the initiative when needed and without prompting
Benefits of working here:
- Stellar benefits plan including BCBS medical coverage, FREE dental and vision, and a company matched 401k plan that vests immediately
- Fun social and community service events planned by our employee-led committees
- Strong partnerships with Built In Chicago and the ITA (Illinois Technical Association) which provide sweet perks for our employees
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day
- 15 days of paid time off (PTO) and 9 paid holidays per year
- Rated as one of the top 50 employers for Gen Y Emerging Talent in Chicago
- Awarded the Moxie for Best Service Provider in 2015
VISANOW is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VISANOW is a full-service immigration service provider integrating the best of both people and technology. We provide a fully transparent and simple way to handle immigration and visa cases from start to finish. We have extensive experience helping individuals and employers navigate everything from work visas and permits to permanent residency. We want to reduce the stress associated with completing the process so that you can get on with living your life.