Senior Gameplay Programmer
Location: Markham, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Health Benefits and Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Sulon Technologies is redefining reality by changing the way we interact with our environment. We are creating advanced technology that combines Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality into a unique spatial experience that will leave you questioning what is real and what isn’t.
We are seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to spearhead our growing Content Team giving the technical direction and game development expertise needed to create mind-blowing AVR experiences that will redefine gameplay. You will lead the creation of exciting, emotionally-heightened and highly interactive games from conception through implementation, including rolling-up your sleeves to code. Your intuitive ability to spot bottlenecks and technical challenges will be leveraged to ensure Gameplay Programmers are adhering to the features and requirements outlined in game design documents.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Key responsibilities/accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
· Leading the creation and development of unique Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) gameplay experiences.
· Understanding the fundamentals of game design and laying out the technical requirements for the Content Team to create engaging mechanics and compelling experiences.
· Diagnosing technical issues and guiding the Team towards an optimal solution.
· Leading collaboration and communication with Programmers, Designers and Artists to deliver high quality content.
· Proactively implementing new systems and improving existing ones to create breathtaking experiences.
· Taking the initiative and demonstrating a strong desire to lead others in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
· Performing other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical/scientific discipline.
· 5+ years of experience in software and game development for PC/Console or high end 3D mobile Games.
· Advanced proficiency in C/C++ programming with a strong understanding of C# and object-oriented design, design patterns, encapsulation and computational complexity.
· Strong 3D math background and proficiency with gameplay, animation and network systems for multiplayer.
· Experience working with Game Engines such as Unreal Engine 4 and Unity3D.
· Must have shipped a minimum of two (2) PC/Console or high end 3D mobile Games.
· Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
· Active learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start up environment.
· True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
· Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
NICE TO HAVE
· Working knowledge of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality including application development.
· Experience with Motion Capture.
· Experience with optimizing for mobile platforms.
· Passion for gaming and/or early adopter of technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Submit your application today and tell us why you want to be part of our “reality.” We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.