Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace.
Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
Who You Are:
Desire to always be learning, growing and passionate about evolving our architecture
Goal oriented while always keeping the customer in mind
Realize the value of a collaborative and team oriented work environment
Define success as being committed about what you do, while having fun
Believe in building simple, well-tested systems that allow us to iterate quickly
What You Will Do:
- Develop features/applications, including collaboration on defining requirements, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Implement robust, highly usable and responsive UI components, with efficient code
- Contribute to design, code, specification and architectural reviews and technical documentation
- 5+ years experience as a Front End Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Equivalent
- Experience with multiple frameworks, libraries, and modules such as Backbone, Underscore, jQuery, RequireJS, Grunt, Sass, and Jasmine
- Fun to work with (yes, we build for the enterprise…but nobody said we can’t have fun)
- Passionate about the emergence of the freelance economy
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment
Work Market was founded in 2010 with a simple, yet ambitious vision: power the future of work. Since then, we've been on quite the run. We've raised $35 in growth capital, are backed by the world's top venture capitalists and were recently recognized as one of New York City's fastest-growing companies.