ABOUT The Role:
We are looking for innovative developers with a demonstrated track record of producing high quality software to serve our customer base. The ideal candidate will be both a strong individual contributor and team player. We work in a collaborative Agile environment; so we’re seeking engineers who not only follow development requirements but also bring fresh new ideas to the table.
ABOUT Your Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the overall design and architecture of overall web platform solutions.
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality for web applications.
- Research new technologies and approaches to address business needs and improve existing systems.
- Take pride in writing high quality, robust, scalable and extensible code.
ABOUT Your Qualifications:
- 6+ years in a front-end web development position
- Strong software design and development skill-set
- Significant experience building templates using a server-side templating engine (e.g. JSP, TWIG, Handlebars, EJS, ERB). Specific knowledge of Freemarker is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one server-side MVC framework (e.g. Spring, Django, Rails, Express)
- Working knowledge of Java or other strongly-typed object-oriented languages is a plus
- Experience working in a service-oriented architecture is a plus
- Maintain knowledge of new industry standards and programming languages
- Comfortable working in a continuous integration environment (Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control)
- Experience with unit testing in a web environment
About.com is by far the largest network of expert content on the internet, providing nearly 90 million monthly unique users with outstanding, intent-driven, actionable information. A top-10 US website as measured by comScore, we feature over 3 million articles, across 11 verticals including Home & Garden, Health, Travel, Food and Style. We are the premiere expert-driven resource on the web, with nearly 1,000 topic-specific experts.