As a Senior Engineer, you’ll collaborate with product owners, developers, and end users while being in a highly visible role poised for advancement. We offer a unique learning opportunity working in every part of our impressive technology stack. Our Configuration and Analytics platform is built with Ruby on Rails and Ember.js. Our category-defining, digital content platform is built with node.js. No need to be the expert on these – we will train you and you will have the opportunity to be mentored by some of the smartest talent in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Senior Engineer:
- Contribute to all areas of the stack and be involved in multiple, highly visible projects
- Pair programming at times and working solo at others
- Collaborating with our Product team to help understand user needs, troubleshoot potential problems and define upcoming features
- Roll up your sleeves and join the team in working on the many open source projects that our platform is built on
- Be an active participant in our agile development process including a Kanban board, retrospectives, daily scrums and pair programming
Basic Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years work experience developing object oriented software
- Proven knowledge of Ruby on Rails and Ember.js
- Proven web development experience, both with application development and hosting operations
- Good communication skills. You’ll be working with our product team as well as actual users
About Movable Ink
Movable Ink develops and applies new technologies to make e-mail marketing more dynamic, more creative and more rewarding for consumers. We're one of the fastest growing start-ups in NYC and we're setting our sights even higher. We're looking for passionate, dedicated individuals, and mostly the curious to help take Movable Ink to the next level. As an innovation driven company – we like to move fast, disrupt the status quo, work with cool technology to do big things and generally set the world on fire.