ABOUT Your Role
Interested in an exceptional opportunity to get your work in front of 13 million people each week? If so, join our Design Group, who continue to be instrumental in modernizing one of the internet’s oldest brands. The Senior Designer will work closely with our Heads of Email Marketing and Social Media to instill visual excellence and consistency across their programs from our headquarters in Times Square. Our ideal candidate must have the ability to work quickly and collaboratively. Candidate will report to the VP of Creative.
ABOUT Your Contributions
- Serve as design lead in the creation, prototyping, production and testing of our suite of email templates and audience acquisition methods across About.com
- Lead in the creation of striking visual assets to promote our brand and content across social platforms, maintaining and enforcing existing brand standards and iterating on designs and visual language efficiently and imaginatively.
- See designs through to fruition by collaborating with Content, Product, Sales & Marketing and Social Media teams—ensuring quality and a consistent, elevated visual experience
- 3-5 years of design experience in direct marketing and social media, preferably at a publisher, brand or B2B setting
- Mastery of design principles (color theory, grid systems, layout, typography)—pride in craft is paramount
- A strong understanding of best practices related to email design—including responsive design—and a knowledge of key social platforms and their creative allowances and limitations
- Extensive knowledge of email clients and how different types of design and coding options work and are supported—including cross-browser compatibility and discrepancies in email-client HTML rendering
- Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field preferred
About.com is by far the largest network of expert content on the internet, providing nearly 90 million monthly unique users with outstanding, intent-driven, actionable information. A top-10 US website as measured by comScore, we feature over 3 million articles, across 11 verticals including Home & Garden, Health, Travel, Food and Style. We are the premiere expert-driven resource on the web, with nearly 1,000 topic-specific experts.