Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring.
Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent hands-on experience in designing and administering MySQL databases in an HA Environment.
- Solid knowledge of administering MySQL 5.6 on Linux env
- Experience with MySQL replication, multiple master, backup and recoveries, failover, and HA implementations
- Experience managing product QA in dev environment databases
- Implementation of ETL processes
- Experience with AWS Cloud – nice to have
- Experience managing databases in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Database and SQL Performance Tuning
- Schema refactoring and Data Migrations
- DB Security and Monitoring Implementation
- 24/7 Prod Support and Troubleshooting
- Experience with NoSQL solutions is a plus
- Experience with others open source DBs is a plus
Work Market was founded in 2010 with a simple, yet ambitious vision: power the future of work. Since then, we've been on quite the run. We've raised $35 in growth capital, are backed by the world's top venture capitalists and were recently recognized as one of New York City's fastest-growing companies.