VISANOW is transforming the way that companies hire and retain international employees. Our online technology allows HR professionals to hire talent from around the world in a streamlined and innovative manner. Recently rated as one of Chicago’s Top Digital Companies, we provide a relaxed working environment that focuses on hiring smart, driven individuals who strive to be difference makers.
The Senior Accountant will join a growing Accounting and Finance department. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to build on their accounting skills and gain valuable hands-on experience. This person interacts directly with the Controller and CFO and has the ability to advance within our rapidly growing organization.
- Recording closing entries and assisting in the month-end close process
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparing and maintaining accurate journal entries using Peachtree
- Contributing to the preparation of departmental budgets and forecasts
- Maintaining and monitoring accounts receivable ledger and metrics
- Managing vendor payments/accounts payable
- Preparing filing fee checks to accompany visa applications
- Managing company credit card activity and recording purchases
- Compiling documents in preparation for audit related requests
- Completing ad-hoc reporting requests and special projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager and CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred; degree in a business related field with relevant experience is acceptable
- 3+ years of Accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively
- Superior MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of Peachtree is preferred
Benefits of working here:
- Competitive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, disability, PTO and company matched 401(k) plan
- Social, casual atmosphere
- Ongoing training, on-site and off-site
- Ability to advance within the organization
- 15 days PTO and 9 paid holidays (per year)
- Rated as one of the top 50 employers for Gen Y Emerging Talent in Chicago
VISANOW is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VISANOW is a full-service immigration service provider integrating the best of both people and technology. We provide a fully transparent and simple way to handle immigration and visa cases from start to finish. We have extensive experience helping individuals and employers navigate everything from work visas and permits to permanent residency. We want to reduce the stress associated with completing the process so that you can get on with living your life.