Science Exchange makes it easy for researchers to access scientific expertise. As one of our Science Solutions Managers, you will be an internal ‘go-to’ guy/gal on all things science-related. This can mean anything from answering questions about experimental techniques to managing our experimental hierarchy.
As a member of the Validation Service team, you will help push the forefront of science as we address the growing reproducibility crisis, striving to improve the quality of research for all. Currently, we are looking for a biologist with strong project management skills. You will be responsible for starting up and managing the new Reproducibility Project: Prostate Cancer, as well as helping get the Reproducibility Project: Neuroscience off the ground. Additionally, you will be managing validation requests that come in through the Validation service, helping to identify key experiments in papers, determining the protocols for replicating them and identifying and working with appropriate labs who can conduct the replication experiments.
Most importantly, your energy and passion about Science Exchange will play a crucial role in improving understanding and generating excitement in the research community.
- Project lead for the Reproducibility Project: Prostate Cancer
- Help start the nascent Reproducibility Project: Neuroscience
- Manage projects as a member of the Validation Service team; reviewing papers and designing and implementing replication studies
- Internal scientific expert, answering questions regarding experimental techniques and being a resource on all things science-related
- Enrich the Science Exchange website with information
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Passion for improving the quality of scientific research
- Strong life sciences background with benchwork experience; PhD required, preferably with experience in cancer biology or neuroscience
- Excellent communication skills and project management experience
- Outstanding organization, planning, and critical thinking skills. You should be detail-oriented, and able to organize your own workflow
- Tenacity, patience, and a willingness to learn
About Science Exchange
Science Exchange is a marketplace for scientific collaboration, where researchers can order experiments from the world's best labs. Our mission is to improve the quality and efficiency of scientific research by using market-based incentives to promote collaboration between scientists.