Black Duck Software is the leading supplier of open source software governance and compliance management solutions. The Sales Engineer provides specific technical expertise and support to the sales process for our application development products, which identify components embedded in source development code. This position works very closely with the North American sales team to understand a prospect’s business, identify solutions based on Black Duck Software product offerings, and present those technologies and the value proposition of a Black Duck Software solution. The Sales Engineer will preferable sit in our Burlington, MA office location or can be based in their home office in New York.
- Creates compelling software demonstrations that address a prospect’s business needs
- Delivers software demonstrations of our product offerings to both technical and legal audiences
- Develops and presents technical briefings, PowerPoint and other presentations as needed
- Supports the sales team as needed by traveling to client and prospect sites as part of a presentation team; performs standard “capabilities” demonstrations as part of these calls/meetings
- Participates in developing responses to RFPs and other sales proposals
- Provides technical support to the sales team, including maintenance and update of demonstrations and associated data on both shared servers and individual laptops
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience working in a high-tech software company, preferably in a sales support role with previous consulting or project management background, preferably in a large consulting firm
- Application Development lifecycle knowledge
- Software Engineer background preferred
- Working knowledge of J2EE and Unix/Linux technologies preferred
- Ability to present to and persuade clients and prospects
- Strong knowledge of current software development and deployment technologies
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed and work extended/irregular schedules as needed
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.