We’re building a like-minded team that is passionate about building a beautiful product that will change the way people think about eating. We work closely with one another to creatively solve problems and grow at a rapid, sustainable pace. Most importantly, though, we’re always surrounded by delicious food.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a smart, resourceful salesperson with a can-do attitude. No lead is too small, no account too large. You’re someone who has their head on their shoulders, an open mind, and thinks on your feet to solve problems creatively. When someone says “no thanks”, you smile respectfully and then find another way to close the deal. You believe so strongly in Platterz that you’ll even make sure your Grandma is using it.
What You’ll Do:
At Platterz, you’ll be exposed to the whole sales cycle. Some of your tasks will include:
- Identifying prospective clients and opportunities
- Setting up meetings with clients
- Pitching our product
- Demonstrating our product and educating clients on how to interact with our platform
- Build strong relationships in the Platterz community
- Data entry, progress updates, and overall reporting
What you need to close:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree (business background an asset)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (a people person, as they say)
- A strong understanding of the food industry (if not, you should plan on learning fast)
- Tech-savvy, early-adopter (you’ll have a lot on your plate, but we’ll set you up with the best tools to handle it all)
- Previous sales experience definitely an asset
- You should also have a love for good food. If you don’t, be prepared to develop one!
Working With Us:
We’re a performance-driven entrepreneurial team passionate about a job well-done. We embrace learning opportunities, creative problem solving, and ridiculous inside-jokes. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and make sure to balance out challenging days with fun nights.
We’re accessibly located at Yonge and St. Clair, with lots of amazing lunch options—not that you’ll need to go far for lunch… We are Platterz after all. If you like being part of startup strategy sessions, attending events with good food and interesting people, and contributing to an innovative environment, then we might be “the one” for you. If this sounds good, let’s talk.
Please provide a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’re a good fit at Platterz and send it to jobs[at]platterz[dot]ca. Make sure to include your contact details and anything that might help you stand out (projects, portfolios, poems, etc). We read every application that comes our way, and will reach out to successful applicants.
Platterz is an equal opportunities employer, and we don’t discriminate based on race, sex, colour, faith, age, height, hair colour, shoe size, dietary preference, or if you like OneDirection (before or after Zayn left). We encourage anyone who’s right for the job to apply.
Platterz is an online marketplace for catered food. Our beautiful platform allows users to discover delicious platters from the city’s best restaurants and caterers, and order shareable food for the office, a special event, or a family dinner. The Platterz experience is all about gathering around the table and sharing food with good company. Our co-founders have a proven record in starting, scaling and exiting their companies.