The Opportunity: Ready to jump on board a high-growth rocket ship? Tired of working at a digital agency, and want to transition your skills inside a high-growth marketing technology company? Our 17 years of experience serving enterprise-scale brands positions eshots for terrific growth at exactly the same time experiential marketers are demanding better data, insights and ROI around their consumer events. We have built a transparent and collaborative culture and are looking to combine high caliber talent from outside the organization with a great group of existing leaders. If you’re someone with marketing technology, marketing services or enterprise software experience and are ready to join an award-winning, innovative company, we have a dynamic and passionate team that would like to meet you.
What we’re looking for: We are hiring Chicago-based Sales Account Directors reporting into our remotely-based Sales Executives. You will assist our sales executives with all pre-sale roles, including program pricing and proposal creation, prospecting research, writing and sending outreaches, and cold calling. It also includes post-sale roles like participating in client calls, processing change orders and doing pricing updates. You will be the “right hand” of the senior sales team: taking their direction, learning from them and shadowing them on all client-facing work. You will know the sales executive’s clients inside out and can jump in to answer client questions, provide pricing, draft contracts, etc. while the sales executive is traveling or in client meetings. You need to be sales minded but also have a clear understanding of program execution, working hand-in-hand with client services and other internal departments to educate them on client needs, new programs and ensure client expectations are being met. This is a good position for a junior sales person or someone who has previously been in account management that has a longer-term desire to progress their career into being a sales executive down the road, as we will be expanding our sales executive team over time as we grow.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Good team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Strong relation building skills with clients.
- Ability to “Roll up your sleeves” and get the job done.
- Results driven and proactive self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with clients and across internal departments.
- Good strategic business acumen.
- Strong sales instincts. You have the ability to “smell money”, and upsell accordingly.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Well-organized to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead and provide direction to other members on the team.
In this role, you will:
- Support the sales team to assist them in closing sales.
- Have the comfort to take the lead on initiating or closing your own sales.
- Pre-sale activities: client research, cold calling and initial pitching, building proposals, doing pricings, pipeline management, educating internal stakeholders, etc.
- Post-sale activities: act as the liaison between sales and other departments, communicating client goals, helping put out client fires, present project recap reports to clients.
- Make sure client expectations and internal expectations are aligned.
- Educating internal departments on clients’ needs and pain points.
- Building strong relationships with our clients.
- Manage cross-department work and collaborate with all other stakeholders inside the company (e.g., management, product, sales, operations, client relations, finance, technology).
- Primary or secondary client contact during sales phase on projects.
- Primary support to assigned sales person in all aspects of sales.
- Revenue generation responsibilities through change orders, upsells and opportunity identification.
- Participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with client services managers on accounts.
- Limited travel up to 20% time may be required, going to client meetings with the sales executives.
You must have:
- Strong understanding of enterprise B2B sales and managing client relationships.
- Working knowledge of marketing and advertising, preferably across marketing disciplines.
- At least 3 years of experience in an enterprise B2B sales, sales support or client services role.
- Experience with Salesforce.com as a CRM you are comfortable using.
- Expertise with all Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university.
Nice to have:
- Experience with a high-growth technology company.
- Experience with a digital marketing agency.
- Experience in the experiential/events marketing industry.
- Established senior-level relationships with enterprise consumer brands.
- Desire to build a long-term career in sales
- Base salary in $70-$90K range, based on experience.
- Cash bonus potential of up to 25% of base (based on company and sales team performance).
- Competitive benefits.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, eshots is the leading event intelligence platform in the experiential marketing industry. We help our clients set and benchmark event strategies, maximize consumer lead capture and track/convert those leads into sales.