Roles & Responsibilities
- Public Relations:
- Organize press materials and create database
- Brainstorm / aid / draft targeted pitches
- Research & create press contact lists
- Recycle press hits / mentions in fresh ways & keep a calendar
- Social media strategy and execution (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube) and guest blogging
- Content creation: develop and write stimulating content (for the Sailo blog, newsletter, destination guides, website, service & marketing emails and more)
- Ensure Sailo is present in local directories, blogs and forums
- Execute affiliates program strategy
- Ad-hoc activities related to content, communications and marketing
This job is for you if you:
- Love to write exciting content and think outside the box
- Understand (or have contacts with) press
- Are a team player
- Looking for experience at an exciting and growing startup
- Boating experience or knowledge a plus
- Understand and have experience with SEO a plus
This internship will be unpaid; hours are dependent on the interns’ schedule, anywhere from 20-40 hours a week. A document for school credit can be provided if necessary.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you think you would be good for the role (in bullet points). Seeking to fill the position as soon as possible.
About Sailo, Inc
Sailo is an online boat rental marketplace that connects people who want to rent boats to boat owners and licensed captains. Sailo’s seamless platform has made it possible for more renters to enjoy a hassle-free boating lifestyle by enabling them to book a boat in minutes. With a variety of price points and captains available, we make boating accessible and affordable for everyone, from first timers to yachting aficionado. Sailo launched in Florida in November and has since expanded to New York, The Hamptons, Cape Cod, New Jersey, Connecticut, LA and San Diego. With over 600+ boats available for rent, we are looking for new and ambitious talent to support our rapid growth.