Roles & Responsibilities
- Research specific national and/or international boating and tourism markets and make recommendations for growth
- Recruit, call and meet with charter companies, marinas and boat owners
- Support the execution of business development campaigns in local markets
- Create analysis reports on growth and progress
- Monitor website registrations, provide customer support and service
- Analyze and make recommendations for improving customer satisfaction
- Write meeting notes, briefs, drafts, reports and any other associated documentation
- Use the tools, processes and templates provided by Sailo
- Ad-hoc activities related to business development and customer support
This job is for you if you:
- A go-getter, ready to get your hands dirty in a startup environment
- Determined to be successful and don’t give up easily
- Interested in online marketplaces and/or the sharing economy
- A people person, great communicator, and team player
- Interested in the boating industry and have basic knowledge about boats
- Experience (and a network) in the boating / sailing / yacht world a big plus!
This internship will be unpaid; hours are dependent on the interns’ schedule, anywhere from 20-40 hours a week. A document for school credit can be provided if necessary.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you think you would be good for the role (in bullet points). Seeking to fill the position as soon as possible.
About Sailo, Inc
Sailo is an online boat rental marketplace that connects people who want to rent boats to boat owners and licensed captains. Sailo’s seamless platform has made it possible for more renters to enjoy a hassle-free boating lifestyle by enabling them to book a boat in minutes. With a variety of price points and captains available, we make boating accessible and affordable for everyone, from first timers to yachting aficionado. Sailo launched in Florida in November and has since expanded to New York, The Hamptons, Cape Cod, New Jersey, Connecticut, LA and San Diego. With over 600+ boats available for rent, we are looking for new and ambitious talent to support our rapid growth.