Meetup’s Trust & Safety Team works hard to ensure that everyone understands our guidelines and that the platform is safe and enjoyable for our millions of organizers and members building community. With over 13,000 Meetups happening daily, the team is growing and seeks to continue with our mission of advocating for member safety and maintaining trust in Meetups globally.
As our Risk Operations Analyst, you’ll apply rigorous data analysis, model development and creative problem-solving to make business decisions that align with our goal of creating a Meetup everywhere about most everything and maintaining a safe social network for all of our members. This exciting new role needs someone to lead the analysis of untapped data who will surface opportunities to make a big impact. You’ll play a critical role working in supporting the Trust and Safety Operations teams to tackle a range of problems such as improving spam and bad actor detection, crafting KPI dashboards, and building predictive risk models – just to name a few!
As our Risk Operations Analyst, you will:
- Analyze and identify undetected online fraud, spam, and abuse related activities.
- Contribute to a process-driven analytical approach to identify bad actor vulnerabilities and trends.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to improve automated bad actor detection, review tools and influence business decisions through data analysis, technical expertise and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Control and measure the performance of strategies to control malicious activity, enhance account security and achieve abuse goals.
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements and identify automated solution opportunities.
- Conduct investigations and evaluate network activity and product usage to catch bad actors, identify suspicious activity trends, enforce our product policies, and identify product vulnerabilities (may be occasionally exposed to some adult content and other somewhat disturbing content during the process).
- Develop effective metrics to measure performance and test fraud prevention rules, models and methodologies.
- Evaluate social network activity and product usage for suspicious activity and trends
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in: SQL, Excel
- 2+ years experience with statistics/quantitative analysis
- Experience querying & analyzing large data sets (500k+rows)
- Knowledge or interest in learning about areas such as policies, spam, fraudulent activity
- Experience with complex querying and analysis across structured
- Strong organizational and process management skills; ability to meet deadlines and adapt quickly to changes
- The ability to identify workflow pain points and optimize or scale processes
- A go-getter attitude
**Bonus points if you have 2+ years experience in data analytics, fraud investigations, risk management, basic programming, data modeling, social network spam, or computer forensics. Familiarity with Java, Scala, or R also a plus!**
If the above describes you and your talents, we want to hear from you!
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.