ABOUT Your Role:
Research. Content. Editorial. Social media. Digital. If at least 3 of these words get you excited (or you’re passionate about them), we might have the perfect career opportunity for you. The Research Associate is a key individual contributor who helps to build our pipeline of talented expert online writers across our entire network of topic sites. You’ll get to work with the content-vertical General Managers to understand needs of individual channels — Health, Style, Food, Home, Money, Travel, Tech, Education, and more.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
- Research and identify expert freelance talent using search, social media, and other creative means
- Review applications and writing samples, and make initial recommendations to General Managers and Content Managers
- Work with General Managers and Content Managers to assess candidate ability to operate independently and regularly create high quality, on-topic content that will successfully deliver monetizable page views on About.com
- Create and update documentation, including multimedia resources, and manage administrative aspects related to talent sourcing
- 1 – 2 years of work experience
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Strong editorial skills; an eye for good writing and keen sense of what content works well online
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external independent contractor candidates
About.com is by far the largest network of expert content on the internet, providing nearly 90 million monthly unique users with outstanding, intent-driven, actionable information. A top-10 US website as measured by comScore, we feature over 3 million articles, across 11 verticals including Home & Garden, Health, Travel, Food and Style. We are the premiere expert-driven resource on the web, with nearly 1,000 topic-specific experts.