We are in an exciting period of hyper-growth, and seeking strong dynamic talent to support the critical data and analysis needs for the organization.
Operationally, we are building the only reverse logistics platform for luxury goods in the world, which involves the following
- Smart booking system that minimizes future inventory conflicts
- Fulfillment system which turns inventory from one reservation to another just-in-time within our vertically integrated operations involving returns, inspection, cleaning, repairs, QC etc.
- Allocation system (the “brain”) which controls the assignment of units to reservations to optimize business objectives
- Inventory management system which tracks the entire lifecycle across rentals, and maximizes turns while delivering an amazing experience
For anyone who enjoys untangling logistical complexity and solving difficult problems using the power of data, RTR is offering your dream job. You will be analyzing reams of inventory and warehouse data to drive tactical/strategic decisions, and the overall product vision.
- Track, report and analyze key metrics, incl. inbound/outbound operations, inventory lifecycle, labor management, customer service issues etc.
- Based off a deep understanding of the system via numbers, collaborate with operations, product and technology teams to make decisions and/or changes both short-term and for the long-term
- Be a key influencer in the overall product vision and roadmap
- Academic background in Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research or other quantitative field
- At least 2-3 years of related experience in eCommerce, retail or business with warehouse operations
- Extensive experience using SQL for analytics research; experience with scripting language, such as Perl or Python, is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Tableau (or similar data visualization tools)
- Curiosity and drive is a must for this position, as well as willingness to dive into hard business/analytical problems
About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is revolutionizing fashion by allowing women to rent thousands of designer dresses and accessories. We focus on convenience and a top-notch customer experience on all our platforms, including online, mobile, and retail locations in New York City, Washington DC, and Las Vegas. With styles from more than 270 top designers, Rent the Runway introduces women to new brands and gives them the opportunity to have an endless closet. Our fun, dynamic team is filled with passionate go-getters who dream big, execute their ideas, and deliver an incredible experience to our customers.