About our Engineering Team:
Our engineering team works on challenging product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment, and the backbone of our business is served by our custom logistics management system which is core to our capacity to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time. We utilize data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
Engineers at Rent the Runway focus on solving business problems first, and receive the satisfaction that they have true impact on the success of the company. We are an innovation-focused team, and want engineers that are interested in seeing opportunities and going after them. Many of our engineers are entrepreneurs themselves, and we strongly encourage a transparent, collaborative, product-driven culture across our organization. We are a diverse team and welcome applicants with both CS super nerd and non-traditional backgrounds.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Triage, diagnose, debug, and triumph over sneaky browser behaviors.
- Build one-of-a-kind user interfaces with the newest HTML and CSS technologies (with Sass, too).
- Work closely in a collaborative environment with business stakeholders and designers to rapidly iterate on the best ideas.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or 2 years of programming experience
- Able to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time and juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is a disruptive eCommerce business that's making rental culture a significant part of the retail industry. Millions of women now have access to designer dresses and accessories, allowing them to look and feel remarkable. We believe that retail shouldn't just be about selling products... it should be about delivering an incredible experience, too. Our platform is a much-needed customer acquisition channel for the designer partners we work with, giving them access to a broad customer base and critical data.Launched in November 2009, Rent the Runway has grown to be the leader in the global fashion rental space. In 2014, Forbes recognized us as "tech's next billion dollar star." We are backed by some of the world's top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Highland Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, American Express, Advance Publications (parent company of Conde Nast) and Novel TMT Ventures. Our team is filled with passionate go-getters who are always dreaming big, implementing their ideas, delivering an incredible experience to our customers and creating a fun, dynamic culture.