The analytics team collects a wide variety of data – structured and unstructured – which are brought together to drive key business decisions. This includes website and mobile app logs to track content displayed and user interactions, transaction tables with full audit trails, and inventory/fulfillment lifecycles. The end goal is to empower the analyst in mining key insights on the user experience across all devices and marketing channels.
We’re looking for talent to support our data logging, processing, reporting, and visualization frameworks which unlock the power of our unique datasets.
Participate in the full lifecycle of ownership for the data warehousing and reporting infrastructure including design, build, and maintenance.
Support new reporting requirements while maintaining system performance and handling increasing complexity by setting standards across the stack.
Increase the reliability and efficiency of backend systems to empower analysts, and provide exceptional level of confidence around data quality.
Familiarity with tools and best practices that support data warehousing and reporting at scale, and continuously seek/implement new tools to improve the infrastructure.
- Academic background in Computer Science, MIS, or other quantitative/engineering field with 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Worked actively in distributed data warehousing platforms like Vertica, Aster, Redshift etc. – experience in sharding, handling data-shipping.
- High proficiency in relational databases (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL stores (e.g. MongoDB); experience in merging disparate data forms.
- Experience in custom ETL development and tools including scripting languages (Python preferable).
- Extensive practice using SQL for analytics research and data cleansing.
About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is revolutionizing fashion by allowing women to rent thousands of designer dresses and accessories. We focus on convenience and a top-notch customer experience on all our platforms, including online, mobile, and retail locations in New York City, Washington DC, and Las Vegas. With styles from more than 270 top designers, Rent the Runway introduces women to new brands and gives them the opportunity to have an endless closet. Our fun, dynamic team is filled with passionate go-getters who dream big, execute their ideas, and deliver an incredible experience to our customers.