Reflektion, a thriving startup located in San Mateo, CA, is reinventing the world of eCommerce. We work with leading retailers and brands to create a personalized online shopping experience using Predictive Analytics on big data platform. We are looking for highly talented individuals who love to solve challenges in information retrieval, data representation and high volume query performance.
- Design, implement and scale highly performant systems for cutting edge machine learning algorithm infrastructures
- Create solid data interfaces that are flexible and easily consumable by external services
- Implement new features for RealTime data analytics and aggregations
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from product managers and other engineers
- Pro-actively enhance our internal tools and public facing applications
- Constantly focus on quality and robustness of code base and propose improvements
- Become a part of a fast growing Silicon Valley startup
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of solid industry experience as a Software Developer
- Expert level coding skills in one of Python, Java or C++
- 2 or more years of experience building and scaling distributed systems/applications
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems like Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, Spark
- Affinity towards Test Driven Development and experience with unit testing tools and code coverage
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Excellent UNIX/Linux skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication abilities
- Able to wear many hats and has a can-do attitude
Good to Have
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with productivity and collaboration tools such as git, JIRA, etc.
- Contribution to the Open Source Community
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or in an equivalent field.