What We’re Looking For:
A resourceful numbers person who craves more responsibility and a truly meaningful role in a growing start-up. We need you to have talent on more than one level and a drive to put your skills to use early in your career. We are a fun loving, young team working to improve student access to quality educational materials.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department; reporting directly to the CFO.
- Assist in financial statement preparation
- Assist CFO and COO in analysis of monthly sales and activity
- Review and approve bi-monthly expense reporting
- Respond to client requests for reporting/billing information
- Researching financial/accounting standards, requirements, and laws
- LOTS of other stuff that comes with a start-up!
- Assist CFO in processing monthly payroll (ADP)
Job Requirements & Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1+ year in public or corporate accounting
- CPA (or working towards it) is a plus, but not required
- Positive attitude
- Solid working knowledge of Excel is a must
- Patience communicating with our clients
- Detail oriented
- Must be a great communicator, problem solver, and critical thinker
- Able to accept constructive criticism and adapt quickly