Red Balloon is seeking an enthusiastic quality assurance engineer with a passion for cyber-security. You would be expected to roll out QA processes across all of the company’s products and projects.
- Assume responsibility and demonstrate leadership in areas of quality assurance
- Manage and develop large scale automated testing infrastructure for embedded hardware and firmware
- Develop and execute product-by-product and feature-by-feature test plans and test cases
- Identify, log, and track defects
- Develop and maintain virtual and replicated test environments similar to customer networks
- Automated and daily regression tests
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS required in computer science, engineering or related major.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role in QA
- Experienced with continuous integration solutions such as Jenkins
- Working knowledge of Python and Git
- High level of self-initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong interest in computer security
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with continuous integration and unit testing
- Strong understanding of software vulnerabilities and how to create test cases to simulate practical exploitation
- Knowledge of principles of pen testing and tools such as metasploit
- Comfortable working with or learning to test embedded network devices
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and routing protocols
- Experience reverse engineering and modifying commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) embedded hardware
About Red Balloon Security
About us Red Balloon is a cyber security company headquartered in New York City. Our mission is to provide embedded device manufacturers with strong host-based security. Embedded devices are the non general-purpose computers that run the modern world. We believe all embedded devices require stronger protection against malware and intrusions. The company was started in 2011 and became a Columbia Portfolio Company and a Microsoft Ventures Accelerator Company. Our Products Our technology was developed in connection with Columbia University and the Department of Defense. We created a means to inject Symbiote host-based security onto any device, regardless of CPU type, regardless of functionality, regardless of operating system and without changing the performance and functionality of the device. We don’t require access to customer source code, and we don’t require manufacturers to change their product design. Symbiotes Installed by the device manufacturer into a device using either an Integration Appliance or via the manufacturer’s firmware update process. These manufacturers cover key markets including enterprise equipment, unified communications, SCADA, Internet-of-Things, Internet infrastructure switches and more. AESOP Enterprise Embedded Security Monitor Used by Enterprise IT management to integrate and report on situational awareness of embedded devices under their management.