We’re a large scale, consumer brand looking for an individual who’s passionate about shipping high quality software products. You are the type of person who enjoys finding that bug that everyone else missed. You want to help create beautiful (and flawless) digital consumer products with a fast-growing and energetic company. BeenVerified creates digital products focused on helping people discover, understand, and use public data. Our products support over a million active users and we are leading the industry in innovative and creative ways. We are looking to grow our team with someone who is as passionate as we are about creating a world class customer experience. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for executing our QA program while also implementing necessary processes and growing a dedicated QA team.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life (it makes our company parties more exciting!). You must be energetic, inventive, a team player and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. Please note, if you do not work well without direct supervision or you need constant instructions on what to do next, this position probably isn’t for you. However, if you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute the strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
- Develop and implement efficient and effective test plans for new systems, problems and/or enhancements
- Create and execute functional and regression tests on web, mobile and native applications
- Document, report, track and verify defects and fixes across multiple products and platforms
- Effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with developers, product managers, project managers and other stakeholders
- Lead the design and implementation of an automated test and continuous integration infrastructure
- Advocate the automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
Desired Skills And Experience:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- BS in CS, EE, or equivalent
- Experience with QA methodologies and best practices
- Experience with Selenium or other automated testing tools
- The ability to propose and implement high-impact automated tests
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Ruby preferred. Python or PHP a plus.
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Rails, CodeIgniter, etc.
- Experience with regression and unit testing
- A solid understanding of web and mobile (iOS and Android) performance issues and testing
- Highly familiar with network monitoring solutions
- Experience in an environment that practices TDD and continuous delivery
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking tools
- Working knowledge of various analytics tools (e.g. Kiss, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with A/B testing methodologies and technologies
- Experience with build flows for complex, distributed systems, and automated build pipelines
- Quick learner and self-starter capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and technical skills required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, design and implement overall quality functions/processes
- Well-versed in Agile methodologies
Additional Skills Appreciated but Not Required:
- You can handle your own at ping pong
- You have a strong opinion on the types of swag the company should be wearing
- You enjoy building your own work setup (Mac/PC, big screens, Aerons, etc.) and getting the latest in tech gadgetry
BeenVerified's mission is to help people discover, understand, and use public data in their everyday lives.We're democratizing access to public records that were traditionally expensive and hard to access.