The QA Engineer Intern or Co-op, as an individual contributor in an agile team is responsible for defining and implementing API based regression and performance tests. The QA Engineer Intern or Co-op will report to the QA Director and will be based in our Burlington, MA office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in collaboratively building our test infrastructure, which involves designing and developing tests in Java and other languages
- Define and implement API based regression and performance tests (Java/Soap)
- Create/Maintain test plans and test cases for Black Duck Software products
- Work closely with engineering in early product phases to facilitate Black Duck’s agile development methodology
- Track features and bugs (Jira)
- Currently attending an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Previous programming experience with any modern, object oriented and/or dynamic language like Java, Python, Ruby
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to interact with other groups in the organization
- Hands on experience in the following areas: object oriented software design and development experience with Java
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Subscribe to the values of agile software development
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.