WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Researching your city and learning about the city’s major industries, top companies, job search pain points, regulations and market opportunity for Purple Squirrel.
- Creating and executing local marketing strategies to encourage user adoption and penetration for Purple Squirrel of the market.
- Setting up partnerships and managing relationships with companies and their employees to get the supply side ready for Purple Squirrel’s launch.
- Exploring business development opportunities (sponsorships, partnerships, and co-marketing promotions) to increase awareness and visibility of Purple Squirrel in local communities.
- Finding, hiring and guiding a team to run the city for when you whisk off to your next Purple Squirrel mission.
- Throwing a baller event to get Purple Squirrel off the ground.
WHAT YOU MUST BE:
- A total hustler. You don’t fold under pressure; in fact, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Detail oriented; your Google calendar can be crammed, but it’s organized, totally manageable and you don’t miss a beat.
- A charmer; you can easily identify and network with the influencers of a city.
- A jack of many trades; from biz dev and operations to party-planning and support, and you’re excited to flex each of these muscles.
- A quarterback; we’ve got a launch playbook, now you’ve just got to execute to a T and call a few audibles here and there.
- Fired up about Purple Squirrel; you are ready to live, eat and breathe Purple Squirrel, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
- A person of high integrity; you’re running the show on a launch and we need trust that you’ve got the best interests of the company in mind. You’ll have a lot of responsibility, so you’ve got to step up to the plate.
- 5+ years of marketing or operations management experience (or related).
- Experience creating, executing, and tracking a marketing plan.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Successfully executed business development opportunities and negotiating partnerships.
- Have weathered an early startup environment.
- BA degree in business, finance or marketing (MBA a-plus).
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
About Purple Squirrel
We eliminate the need to network. Our marketplace connects job seekers to potential colleagues who are invested in getting them hired.