What You Need for this Position
- Strong motivation in Internet privacy.
- 2+ years of experience in Android development, with sample apps you are proud of.
- 4+ years of experience in software development with a strong command of OOP.
- Degree in Computer Science is a plus, but not required.
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs.
- Knowledge of Git, SVN or other source control
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead the Android development effort for ProtonMail.
- Interact with our existing backend REST APIs and provide feedback based on mobile needs.
- Work with webmail/iOS/backend team on building new features.
- Work with QA/Support team in analyzing and debugging.
Visit our website to learn more: https://protonmail.ch/pages/join-us
Driven by a yearning for private communications and respect for user data, a group of researchers from Harvard, MIT, and CERN came together in 2013 to create ProtonMail, a service that makes end-to-end encrypted email simple to use. The platform is designed around the principle of zero access, meaning even ProtonMail cannot unlock and read user’s encrypted data. The company is based in Geneva, Switzerland and provides additional protection through extraordinarily strong Swiss privacy laws. Since launching in May 2014, ProtonMail has been overwhelmed by global demand and is striving to scale up and make the option for privacy a viable one.