ABOUT THE TEAM:
The team you’ll be joining is a small, self-organized Agile group focused on solving hard engineering problems. Propel is full of truly talented and deeply knowledgeable developers who love their craft. We use an agile process that ensures the features we build will delight our customers. This opportunity is perfect for an individual who wants to make a tangible difference within a rapidly growing company; we reward individual efforts and promote a team attitude. You will be empowered to design, build, and own applications and integrations that will have a meaningful impact on our company.
- You have Four or more years of commercial MySQL/postgress DBA experience
- You have experience with database design, tuning and creating stored procedures
- You have strong knowledge of Linux
- You have knowledge of SQL (or related scripting language)
- You have strong communication skillsM
- It would be nice if you have experience developing Datawarehouse systems.
- You understand the basics of scalable SaaS systems /Clod fundamentals: Linux, Amazon EC2 and HTTP
- You understand the principles of software craftsmanship.
- You can teach us a few things, you are passionate about software development and you are curious!
Manage Propel production, staging and dev database environment. Monitor production environment and provide 24X7 production support. Responsible for planning, designing, provisioning, tuning, scaling, configuring database systems. Work closely with hosting vendors and other IT vendors.
What Propel Offers:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and paid time off
- Flexible Hours
- A fun group in a young and growing company that emphasizes innovation and professional development
- Convenient location! We are located at 108 Myrtle St in North Quincy, two blocks from the T Station
At Propel, we work hard, reward well, encourage new ideas and provide opportunities for growth. Send us your resume!
About Propel Marketing
Propel Marketing is a digital marketing services company dedicated to creating brilliantly engineered applications which help small to medium-sized businesses leverage the power of the internet. Our primary areas of expertise revolve around web and mobile applications, targeted interactive media advertising, SEM/SEO and Social Media. We have an unwavering enthusiasm about the internet and its near unlimited possibilities.