There are no unsung heroes on the Internal Tools team at Meetup. On the contrary, our Tools Engineers are widely wanted, invariably needed, and routinely respected! With 20+ million members across 182 countries and 125% year-over-year growth in the number of people joining Meetups, it’s a thrilling time for us. We have the benefit of being a 12-year-old company with millions of dedicated members who depend on us every day with the spirit and soul of a startup. Our Internal Tools champions care just as passionately about the employee-facing products that enable our teams to empower our users. We hope you’ll share their affection.
As Product Manager, Internal Tools, you’ll have the vision to build a long-term plan to make tools just as lightweight, personal, and mobile as the rest of the company. To achieve this, you’ll partner with the team whose tools inspire and improve the lives of our employees in Business Operations, Engineering, Product, Mobile, and Design to undertake a complete assessment of operational efficiency in existing workflows.
In this role, you’ll be the linchpin between our engineers and the Community and Trust & Safety teams who collaborate to craft multi-platform tools used by over 130,000 Meetup group organizers. You’ll also have the opportunity to showcase your development lifecycle experience and shine in the following ways:
- Generate ambitious and well-designed product ideas from concept to launch, balancing a focus on detail with big picture vision.
- Motivate your team members to work together seamlessly while advocating its needs to the rest of the company.
- Coordinate across teams and collaborate with management, customers, partners and other staff members when needed.
- Plan user testing and split testing, communicating with team members to discover individual and group needs and obtain feedback on recently launched projects.
- Gather information and requirements, set and track the most relevant metrics to a product, track past projects, and identify new and exciting ways to optimize them.
- Be an internal products evangelist and expert on Meetup’s user experience and platforms.
Our ideal Product Manager, Internal Tools will possess:
- Proven experience working in a product management capacity at a consumer-facing, mobile-first company (social networking and agile, start-up environment preferred)
- Deep understanding of current mobile and web technologies, standards, and how the web ecosystem is evolving.
- Expertise and success in using team-based software development concepts that drive to iterative launches.
- Strategic and holistic approaches to problem-solving that balance and prioritize short-term solutions with long-term vision.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to rally internal support for fresh ideas.
- An interest in member support and the challenges of managing integrity and elevating the quality of experiences on Meetup.
- Inventive design and usability senses with the capacity to step into a user’s shoes and advocate accordingly.
- Superior leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills.
- Unbridled enthusiasm for coordinating, connecting, and collaborating across teams and cultures!
Drop us a line if your heart sings at the idea of helping the people inside Meetup unite the hundreds of millions of happy members out there in the world enjoying real, local, face-to-face community.
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.