As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
A product manager’s key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won’t be supporting their tactical tasks.
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Identifying and specifying market requirements for current and future products supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Driving a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Computer Science, Engineering, Product Marketing or UX degree or work experiences a strong plus
- May involve travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (0-25%)
Competitive salary commensurate with skills, education & experience
Generous benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurances, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, 401K with employer match, & FSA plan
Casual workplace environment
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter detailing your abilities and your most recent resume to email@example.com, or fill out our resume submission form by following the link to the left. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
OpinionLab provides omnichannel Voice of Customer feedback solutions to help organizations collect, understand, and leverage customer data.