The Taproot Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual to join the National Product Team as a Product and Evaluation Fellow, based in New York. Taproot’s Product Team creates and manages our award-winning pro bono service products and programs, helping business professionals bring high-quality services to nonprofits across the country.Our ideal candidate is a graduate student or early career professional who has a strong interest in utilizing data to drive organizational excellence and is interested in gaining experience within the nonprofit sector or in cross-sector collaboration. This position is a great match for someone who loves data and enjoys working in a fast-paced and innovative environment. The fellowship has been created with an eye toward professional development and offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in evaluation, product design and development, project management, and relationship management.
- Contribute to evaluation of Taproot’s national programs, including data collection, analysis, and internal reporting.
- Support the product management lifecycle, including research, design, testing, build, roll-out, and continuous improvement.
- Translate new concepts and ideas into tangible, well-designed materials and products.
- Recommend solutions for improving products and programs for our nonprofit clients.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
The ideal candidate has proven ability in the skills below as well as a genuine interest in working for an innovative and entrepreneurial nonprofit organization.
- Enrolled in a graduate program, or has a Bachelor’s degree and minimum one-year work experience
- Can commit to at least 15 hours/week for the duration of the Fellowship
- Experience in using Excel to manipulate data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Love of data! Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: survey design or administration, quantitative or qualitative data collection, data cleaning, data management, or data analysis.
- Ability to work independently while functioning effectively as a member of a team
- Proficient in working with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
About Taproot Foundation
Taproot is a national nonprofit organization that makes business talent available at no cost to organizations working to improve society. We operate out of five US cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Washington DC and increasingly focus across the United States and globally. Our mission is to drive social change by leading, mobilizing and engaging professionals in pro bono service. We engage the nation’s millions of business professionals in pro bono consulting through a spectrum of services anchored by our award-winning Service Grant program and by partnering with companies and national organizations to develop their own internal pro bono programs through our Advisory Services practice. One day, we envision that all organizations with promising solutions will be well equipped to successfully take on urgent social challenges.