The PresenTense Group employs entrepreneurship as a tool to enrich Jewish community life, grow local economies, and solve critical issues facing society. Through our community-based accelerators, innovation workshops and entrepreneurship consulting, we aim to make entrepreneurship accessible to all and accelerate social impact in communities across the globe. Over the past 7 years, we have run more than 65 accelerators and launched over 820 ventures.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development and Strategy to spearhead our scaling and and growth across North America and to coordinate growth with PresenTense Israel.
PresenTense Group will be operating in eight communities across North America in 2015-16, and we are looking to scale responsibly and sustainably. With our mission to accelerate social impact, the wider and deeper we reach, the more impact we can make. As a revenue generating, sales-driven nonprofit, we are looking to scale up on both sales and fundraising in order to create deeper impact and more efficiently serve our clients and community.
We’re looking to you to devise a creative and implementable strategy on how to best grow our organization. Our growth strategy to date is a combination of traditional fundraising from institutions and individuals and sales/business development through strategic partnerships. Your responsibility will include devising a strategy and pipeline for expansion of our Accelerators and Innovation Workshops and implementing the strategy.
It’s no small task, and we are looking for the right rockstar who is excited to take this on. We envision someone who enjoys creating a grand plan and then diving into implementation, as well as someone who is a natural networker and partnership builder. We must admit, we’re pumped to see what you come up with.
The role will be focused primarily on expansion in North America, with up to 25% focused on growth opportunities for PresenTense Israel and aligning our global growth strategies.
You will be responsible for implementing our strategy and growth plan, including:
- Creating a strategy and pipleline to expand our Accelerators for early stage social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs in new cities and new markets (demographic, affinity groups, etc.)
- Creating a strategy and pipeline of Innovation Workshops for client organizations who want to incorporate entrepreneurial tools and mindset to deepen their impact
- Engaging and soliciting new institutional and individual funders to expand programs and infrastructure for PresenTense Group and PresenTense Israel
- Cultivating and stewarding existing institutional funders
- Engaging corporate sponsors – we are new to this!
- Keeping an eye on PresenTense’s overall growth strategy and ensuring all growth and new business is mission aligned
- Implementing above strategies and managing growth
Experience that will be useful:
- 3-6 years experience in business development and/or fundraising at a nonprofit and/or startup (ideally all of the above!)
- Experience scaling a startup or nonprofit on a limited budget
- Strong network in Jewish philanthropic landscape and entrepreneurial landscape and knowledge of both sectors
- Strategic marketing, design, and social media is a plus!
And traits that you should possess:
- Big picture, visionary thinker
- Goal oriented; successful in setting and achieving long term and short term goals and benchmarks
- Self starter and resourceful
- Creative; able to approach existing frameworks from a new angle
- A great schmoozer, presenter, and deal-closer. We want you to be in front of a room or an important meeting and make magic happen.
- Patience and persistence, as this work can take time!
- A desire to work in a meaningful, mission driven organization and embody our mission as part of your work
- A passion for networking and connecting, a true “people person”
- Interest in social entrepreneurship and a burning desire to change the world, you will be convincing others how important this is!
- Passion for a vibrant Jewish future
- Adaptable, honest, confident and enthusiastic
- Eager to learn and contribute to a small team with big impact; willing to take on tasks both big and small
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Interest in learning and adopting new technologies
- Excellence in time management
- The ability to dream big and start small
Time requirement: Full-time Monday through Thursday (9 am – 6 pm) as per our office hours. Occasional nights and weekends.
Travel: We anticipate there will be travel associated with your role as you work to expand PresenTense across the country. You should be comfortable with the prospect of traveling domestically about once a month for about 2-3 days.
Benefits: Competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, paid vacation, fresh brewed coffee, Jewish holidays off, ability to wake up in the morning knowing you are changing the world
Location: COWORK|RS Flatiron, 115 East 23rd Street at Park Avenue (we’re happily housed in a pretty trendy coworking space)
To apply: Please apply by August 24. We will review applications and screen promising candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early applications are HIGHLY encouraged as we are hiring quickly (by mid to late September).
About PresenTense Group
The PresenTense Group employs entrepreneurship as a tool to grow local economies, enrich community life and solve critical issues facing society. Through our community based accelerators, innovation workshops and entrepreneurship consulting, we aim to make entrepreneurship accessible to all and accelerate social impact in communities across the globe. Over the past 7 years, we have run more than 50 accelerators and launched over 650 ventures.