Polaris specializes in consulting and technology solutions for pharmaceutical companies. We are at the forefront of the industry in terms of delivering technology through innovation fueled by our entrepreneurial culture.
Polaris employs over 200 people worldwide, and has been in business for more than 14 years. We are a truly global firm, speaking more than 25 languages. We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Amsterdam, Boston, and San Francisco.
Learn more about our company and culture: http://polarismanagement.com/culture/
Polaris is in search of someone at the Consultant level. This person will be a part of technology teams focused on Systems Implementation projects to design, develop, and deploy applications which meet the defined goals and objectives of the engagement.
- Support and eventually manage implementation projects
- Meet with clients and develop business requirements
- Manage relationship with external vendors (developers, infrastructure, etc.)
- Manage and take accountability for sections of projects
- Responsibility for project deliverables, from requirements through testing and training
- Assist as a technical resource in traditional consulting projects and sales efforts
- Assist with internal IT strategy and implementation
- Serve as an internal technology expert (assist other consultants with applications, etc.)
- Assist with identifying and developing new technology offerings
- Develop relationships with clients and identify future opportunities
- Support in growing the organization, assume additional office responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-4 years of work experience, preferably within IT consulting (Big 4 experience preferred, but not required)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with full lifecycle system implementations (requirements, build, testing, training)
- Specific technologies (preferred, not required): ASP.NET, SQL, Java, Windows Architecture [IIS, Windows Server], Microsoft Office Expertise, SAP/Oracle Apps
- Entrepreneurial, well organized, self-motivated, team player
- Client facing skills such as advanced communication skills and presentation skills
- Project management experience/interest
- Technology focused, but interested in business and traditional management consulting
- Willingness to have a different opinion, ability to articulate thoughts and concepts well
- Inform management of downtime and look for additional tasks or to assist others
- Strive to attain subject matter expertise in all Polaris business, products, and services
- Keep up on current and emerging technologies
- Strive to improve skills related to the Polaris Core Competencies
- Experience or knowledge of pharmaceutical industry a plus
Physical and Location Requirements
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis (core Polaris office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday in the San Francisco office)
- Ability to travel to client and vendor sites as needed