Polaris specializes in consulting and technology solutions for pharmaceutical companies. We are at the forefront of the industry in terms of delivering technology through innovation fueled by our entrepreneurial culture.
Polaris employs over 200 people worldwide, and has been in business for more than 14 years. We are a truly global firm, speaking more than 25 languages. We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Amsterdam, Boston, and San Francisco.
Learn more about our company and culture: http://polarismanagement.com/culture/
Supervision and Coordination of Offshore Development Resources (60%)
- Responsible for ensuring development is completed on schedule and budget
- Responsible for ensuring system quality
- Liaison through which Polaris project managers contact vendors, and vendors contact Polaris project managers, in order to ensure that consistent messages are being given and avoid communication failures.
- Contribute to project effort estimations.
- Review project requirements and provide feedback to project managers and coordinate understanding by the vendors.
- Manage the decomposition of requirements to TFS.
- Provide (high level) code review to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Responsible for release management so that projects are delivered on time.
- Targeted time allocation for the lead per project is 20% of their time per project (depending on the complexity of the project).
- Escalate time, cost or quality implications to project manager and development manager.
- Lead technical knowledge transfer where necessary.
Improve Polaris Code Base (40%)
- Analyze Polaris solutions in order to provide suggestions regarding how they can be improved.
- Improve overall architecture by refactoring code to enhance performance and ease of maintenance in accordance with Business priorities.
- Collaborate with development manager to develop and maintain suitable coding standards.
- Attend personal training for at least one week per half year to improve skills.
- Targeted time allocation is up to 20-25% of total working hours, as billable work allows.
The following are required:
- 6 – 8 years+ experience in software development
- 5 years+ experience developing software on the Microsoft Platform, including .NET (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.Net, Web Services, Remoting, Report writers, 3rd party controls, etc.) and SQL server
- MVC experience is a must
- TFS Administration and custom report skills
- Working knowledge of Windows Workflow, and WCF
- 1 year+ experience in a leadership role
- Direct experience in scheduling and managing software development
- Experience managing offshore team members
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional and interdepartmental teams
- Strong project management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Long hours at times may be required at times, to meet departmental deadlines
The following are preferred, but are not required:
- SharePoint development experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or related field
Physical and Location Requirements
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis (core Polaris office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday in the New Jersey Office)
- Ability to train and work out of the Wall St, New York office for the first few months.
- Upon job offer, applicant must be able to pass background check and drug test
Please submit application here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7071711