PlaceIQ is looking for a Vice President of Human Resources who will be critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. In this position, you will partner with and advise senior business leaders in developing and driving organizational design, effectiveness, and leadership development. You will lead a global team of exempt HR professionals in the execution of business functions and needs across a diverse landscape of internal customers.
- Responsible for guiding and managing HR programs that support the overall strategic direction of the growing business units
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions to solve talent issues
- Working with other HR team members, drive enterprise-wide HR initiatives (talent management, organizational development, learning) in each business
- In partnership with other HR team members across the network, engage in continuous improvement around HR processes and strategies, ensuring that each process and system is appropriately tailored to the culture and business strategy while laddering up to overall NA and global initiatives
- Provide guidance to leaders and managers around all HR-related legal concerns, including visa applications, employment law and employment classifications
- Manage employee relations issues, inclusive of coaching for managers and employees, creation and implementation of performance improvement plans, etc.
- Partner with local management teams to drive engagement programs and top talent development
- Partner with senior leaders to determine training and development needs, create new training opportunities where needed, partnering with vendors to deliver programs, and engage in continuous improvement through the use of training evaluations
- Manage the salary review process for client groups, including completion of compensation analysis, recommendations for increases and guidance for managers around communicating compensation changes
- Drive retention in client groups through the effective management of conflict, open communication and feedback with employees and the compilation of exit interview data
- Create strong relationships with other HR employees, to ensure excellent delivery of HR services; partner with assigned talent acquisition team members to ensure ongoing talent pipeline and drive “just in time” hiring opportunities; participate in the process of interviewing/woo-ing candidates as appropriate, as well as guidance around candidate offers
- Bachelor’s Degree required in HR or related field, Master’s Degree or MBA in HRM preferred 10+ years human resource leadership
- Human Resources experience within Fortune 500 companies and Technology Start-Up Environments.
- Deep expertise in employee relations, compensation, employment law, coaching and counseling employees and management
- Experience in talent management program development and implementation
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing strategic HR programs
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- SPHR Certification preferred
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms location data into audience and insight, providing an unparalleled ability to intelligently define, reach and learn about an audience in the ever increasingly mobile world.